Low temperature thermoplastic (LTTP) sheets offer the ideal solution. These sheets are widely used to make custom splints and braces that partially or totally immobilize a body part.
Custom fitted splints and braces are formed from thin, flat, thermoplastic sheets. Once heated in hot water, these sheets become soft and pliable. Then, they are trimmed and molded to any part of the body for a perfect custom fit. The thermoplastic splint is latex-free, MRI&CT scan compatible.
- Rehabilitation hospital
- Burn department
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- ENT department
- First Aid & Emergency
How to use?
- Adjust the water bath to 70ºC, put the sheet into hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- After the sheet turns to soft and pliable, put it on a soft cloth and dry it on.
- Mould it according to the body part, hoop and loop straps be hold the splint in place, padding/liner materials increase patient comfort.
- Keep the sheet for 10 minutes, it can be plastic well.
- With a perfect memory, it can be remolded more than 8 times.
1. Adjust the water temperature to 65ºC-70 ºC , don’t more than 80 ºC , if more than 80 ºC, it will make the splint contraction and deformation.
2. Be sure not to place the sheet in hot water for too long time. In general, 2-3 minutes should be enough to make it soften and activation.
3. Working surrounding. When the operation room temperature is more than 20ºC, it can be plastic within 1.5-3 minutes.
4. For orthopedic splints,after activation, it can be stretched to 1.5 times as its original size. Excessive pulling could affect its reshaped resilience and damage its memory function.
5. How to restore a molding splint back to its factory settings? Just put it into the hot water with 65ºC-70 ºC, and then it will rebound automatically after 5 minutes.
6. Due to the characteristics of the material itself, in the activation process, it will occasionally occur small area of sticky. Please be sure not to pull randomly. When it leaves the water to solidify, it will automatically relieves adhesion.
7. Storage in room temperature is enough.
8. The products is Eco-friendly, put it outside in the yard with natural climate about 12 month, it will be degraded by itself .