DVT-18 Anti-Embolism Stockings are used to minimise the chances of DVT during or immediately after surgery.
What is DVT?
DVT stands for Deep Vein Thrombosis. Deep Veins are those deep inside the leg as opposed to Superficial Veins which are closer to the skin’s surface. A thrombus is a clot in the blood. Once a clot is formed, it may travel through the veins and reach the lungs. This can result in a fatal pulmonary embolism.
Clot formation is likely if the blood is stagnant. This happens in long surgeries (more than 30 minutes) where the patient is immobile for a long time.
How do Anti-Embolism Stockings help
Anti-embolism stockings provide a mechanical pumping action and assist in forcing the blood through the veins. This reduces the possibility of clot formation.
Why DVT-18 Anti-Embolism Stockings?
DVT-18 Anti-Embolism Stockings are the largest selling AE Stockings in India today. They are made to European standards using European machinery and imported yarn. DVT-18 Anti-Embolism Stockings ensure ACCURATE and GRADUATED compression.
Features of DVT-18 Anti-Embolism Stockings
- Graduated Compression Stockings for DVT Prophylaxis
- Applies maximum pressure at the ankle(18mmHg) with reduced pressure up the leg
- Provides accurate and graduated compression to aid blood flow
- Contour fitted for maximum compression
- Provides massaging action which reduces swelling
- Applies maximum pressure at the legs and reduced pressure up the legs to ease the venous backflow
- Non-restrictive top-band made of breathable material for additional comfort
- Peep-hole design permits easy inspection for toes
- Effective thrombo-prophylaxis
- Ideal for post-surgical, reclining, and bed-confined patients
- Reduces the possibilities of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism(PE)
- Available Styles: AD(Below Knee), AG (Above Knee)
- Sizes- X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Colour: White
- Toe Style – Peep hole: This helps the doctor to check the color of the skin and the toe-nails.
- Material Content: 75% Nylon, 25% Elastane
Instructions for Use
- Sit down in a comfortable position with your leg raised
- It is better to wear gloves before application
- Turn the stockings inside out up to the heel pocket
- Wear the foot portion of the stockings up to the heel pocket
- Pull the remaining reversed portion up the leg
- Smoothen out the wrinkles with a gentle upward motion of the hand
- Never pull the stockings too much which will result in the formation of a tourniquet at the top