Why do we need to use Varicose Vein Stockings
The heart pumps blood down to the legs through the arteries. The deoxygenated blood needs to be pumped back from the legs to the heart through the veins. In a healthy person, the calf muscles act as a pump for this purpose. The veins have valves to ensure that the blood does not flow back down due to gravity. If these valves become weak, blood accumulates in the veins of the leg leading to varicose veins.
Varicose Vein Stockings boost flow of blood back from legs to heart. They prevent pooling of blood in legs which is the main cause of varicose veins. Comprezon does this by applying graduated compression, that is, applying high pressure at the ankle, medium pressure at the knee and minimum pressure at the thigh so that blood can be forced back up the leg.
The pressure profile that is 100% at the ankle, 70% at the calf and 40% at the thigh. As a result, blood is forced along its natural course up the leg despite the damage to the veins (since a fluid flows from a higher pressure area to a lower pressure area).
Why is Comprezon the best choice in Varicose Vein Stockings?
Comprezon has been India’s leading Compression Stockings brand for one 20 years.
- Made using specialised European machinery to provide ACCURATE and GRADUATED compression.
- Manufactured to meet European quality standards.
- Provides international quality at almost half the price (MRP) of imported stockings.
- Other “stockings” manufactured in India are either “stitched” or are “tubular garments”. These cannot provide graduated and accurate compression. Graduated compression is essential to ensure blood flows back up the leg. Incorrect pressure gradients may result in worsening the patient’s condition.
- Uses imported technical yarns to ensure quality, durability and skin friendliness.
- Unlike cheap look-alikes, Comprezon retains its pressure gradient over many months of use.
- Available throughout the country via 2000 distributors.
- Well-trained field staff throughout the country to answer any questions you may have
What are the different Variants of Varicose Vein stockings
Compression Stockings are medical devices. If you have not used stockings before, please consult your doctor who can decide if this product is suitable for you and prescribe the correct style.
Compression Stockings need to be selected on the basis of the following parameters:
|Class 1 (lowest pressure) to Class 3 (highest pressure)
Pressure is specified in terms of millimetres of mercury (mmHg) applied at the ankle
|AD: Knee-high AF: Mid-thigh AG: Upto groin
|S/M/L/XL depending on the circumferences of the ankle, calf and thigh
Comprezon is also available in 2 different materials
- The Classic version is made of Microfibre
- The Cotton version contains (in addition to nylon and spandex) natural Egyptian cotton which is considered to be the world’s finest. The Cotton blend makes it comfortable to wear in warm weather.
Indications for Use
|Pressure at the Ankle
|Conditions in which used
|Mild varicoses without any significant tendency to oedema formation, Early varicoses in pregnancy, Feeling of heaviness and tiredness in the leg.
|Severe varicose vein, Moderate oedema, Pregnancy varicosis, Mild post traumatic swelling, Healing, Post minor ulceration, Post superficial thrombo phlebitis, Post Sclerotherapy, Post surgery.
|Severe chronic venous insufficiency, Marked oedema formation, White atrophy, Induration of the skin.
Dr. Roy Varghese MS, DNB, Ph.D, FSVS (USA), Vascular Surgeon, Jubilee Mission Medical College, Trichur, Kerala answers questions frequently asked by patients about varicose veins.
|Part 1 of FAQ
|Causes and Nature of Varicose Veins
|Part 2 of FAQ
|Compression Stockings for the management of Varicose Veins
|Part 3 of FAQ
|Surgical Options for the treatment of Varicose Veins
It is recommended to take the size measurements first thing in the morning as the legs tend to swell later in the day.
In spite of the wide variety of sizes, sometimes an Off-the-shelf size may not fit you.
About 30% of patients need Custom-made Stockings to get a perfect fit. Please contact us for Custom-made Stockings.
Instructions for Use
Stockings need to be tight to provide the correct compression and ensure proper blood flow. When you wear varicose vein stockings for the time, you may find them difficult to put on. The following video shows the correct way to wear compression stockings. You may need an Applicator to help you to wear stockings.