Skin Traction Kit
A skin traction kit is a bandage kit containing everything needed to realign and restore bones and joints to their natural position so that the body can heal properly.
This skin traction kit can reduce pain, swelling, and erratic movement resulting from a fracture or dislocation. Injured body areas are protected throughout the healing process, while inflammation is contained and reduced when using a skin traction kit.
Sterotrac stands up to long-term wear, so a patient can use a kit for several weeks if surgery isn’t going to be performed or the patient has to wait until a certain time. Apply traction safely without the risk associated with skeletal traction. The kit can be used for non-operative fractures or post-operative limbs.
Buy skin traction kit components for adults and children from Steroplast on this page. Order in just a few clicks.
Adhesive Skin Traction Kit
The extension strapping in the Sterotrac kit is coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive, making it ideal for use on patients who react to zinc oxide or rubber-based adhesives.
The lightweight retaining bandage is specially designed for the kit. It comes with a soft foam strip which protects the foot and a spreader plate with a weight-carrying cord for use either with fixed or balanced traction.
Non-adhesive Traction Kit
A specially developed ventilated traction bandage is used in the Sterotrac kit, which, in conjunction with the high-quality retaining bandage, eliminates the need for adhesive extension strapping.
It comes with a soft foam strip to protect the foot, plus a spreader plate with a weight carrying cord for use either with fixed or balanced traction.
What is a skin traction kit used for?
- To gain, fix, or maintain bone alignment resulting from a dislocation or fracture.
- To secure immobilisation of an inflamed or injured joint while it heals and to relieve pain.
- To correct a mild deformity.
- For long-term treatment or until such time that surgical procedures have been determined.
Benefits of using a Sterotrac Skin Traction Kit
- The ready-to-use kit can be applied immediately once opened.
- The strapping has a soft foam lining to cushion joints and create comfort in long-term wear.
- All kit components have been tested for quality and safety, and CE marked.
- Adhesive and non-adhesive options are available.
- Child and adult sizes are available.
- The kit offers high conformability for easy application.
- Suitable for long-term or short-term treatment.
- Ideal for fixed or balanced traction.
Bandages and Supports by Steroplast
Browse our range of bandages and supports here. We’re a healthcare leader and one of the most trusted brands in the UK to provide first aid and medical supplies. We supply the NHS, emergency services, British Red Cross, and St John Ambulance with premium first aid and healthcare products daily.
We use the best materials to create products that won’t let you down. Everything is CE marked to show it’s passed stringent British Standards quality testing.